Who are we?
The National Early Childhood Alliance (NECDA) is an Early Childhood Development (ECD) focused network, comprising of ECD NPO’s and Sector Experts, located throughout South Africa. It was formed in 2005 in response to a need to strengthen the ECD sector, with a view of building a better future for children by promoting children’s rights to ECD, strengthening NPO’s and advocating for ECD. Member organisations and experts are united in their objective to provide capacity building, high quality training and resourcing to the ECD Sector. NECDA currently represents and serves approximately 103-member organizations across all nine provinces of South Africa. Download our membership map here.
- A healthy society for all children and families in South Africa.
- To build a better future for our children by strengthening our member’s capacity to serve and advocate for children, families and communities. We promote and strengthen the ECD sector by influencing ECD policy and programme that meet the rights and needs of young children.
- Support our members to rise up and meet the challenges facing young children and raise their member profile as well as their voice, more especially those in the far to reach places of South Africa.
- Provide extensive and varied support to our members through capacity building programmes, including training, funding opportunities, accreditation and RPL and projects.
Core Focus – Strategic Objectives 2017-2020
- Organisational Development of NECDA
- Development of NECDA ‘s Membership
- Alliance Funding & Resourcing
- Alliance Curriculum Development
- Advocacy - Policy Position and Engagement